Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
Guerlain Chicherit has stopped during the first part of today's special. Reasons unknown.
Chicherit has been stopped now for 20minutes in today's stage 4 of the 2014 Dakar. having come to a halt at 65Km, he has yet to continue the stage. It is to be hoped that he is not suffering a repeat of earlier fuelling problems.
The team reflected on these fuelling problems below after yesterdays improved results.
Eric Vigouroux - Team Principal
"Guerlain and Alex performed excellently today with the Chevrolet EVR VX 101, especially when we know that they took off in 25th position this morning and he had to overtake a good number of competitors in a thick dust."
On the result he had more to say, "I 'm really happy that we were able to demonstrate the potential of our brand new car after only 3 days of racing. This is very good sign for the future and is a true message of encouragement for my team! When we can solve our technical issues I am sure we can fight for podium spots. The rally is still long and everything can happen."
"Both EVR Chevrolet's suffered 'vapor lock' problems the first two days. Temperatures in Argentina are much higher than those encountered in testing in California and the altitude, with its lack of oxygen simply aggravates the problem. The technical team worked flat out to find a solution and it worked. The prospect of a final good outcome is far from certain, but things are beginning to look better."
"They were tough days. During the first two days we had to stop several times. We ended up finding an emergency solution. We rerouted the hose for the cooling of the brakes to the fuel pump. I have to be realistic. No great results for me now in the general ranking. We are way too far back to catch the guys in the top, but we will try to do our utmost. Maybe some surprises....."
"Back in the Bivouac after a long day. We had vapor locking issues for two day's long. Vapor Lock is when the fuel gets too hot and starts boiling. When the fuel boils and starts bubbling it stops moving through the fuel pump and the engine doesn't get any fuel. This set us back quite a bit, winning the Dakar Rally is impossible from our current position but we are going to take it one day at a time and get a solid finish. I hope to have a clean day without a major problem so I can prove that me and my car are really competitive."
- 18.06.2021Toyota Gazoo Racing Festival, Presented By TOYO TIRES
- 18.06.2021TOYO TIRES Participates in the Nürburgring 24 Hours
- 18.06.2021Bryce Menzies wins 34th SCORE San Felipe 250 in Mexico
- 15.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana EIGHT livery presented by Toyo Tires
- 03.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana Eight: Ultimate Exotic Playground; DUBAI
- 17.01.2014LATEST: Robby Gordon NOT out
- 17.01.2014Not quite official but not looking good
- 17.01.2014Robby Gordon out of 2014 Dakar
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon sole Toyo Tires driver after BJ Baldwin forced to retire
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon finishes 28th
- 15.01.2014Gordon stopped just before stage end.
- 15.01.201414th for Baldwin on Stage 8
- 13.01.2014Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
- 13.01.2014Rest day
- 13.01.2014Subdued end to Week one of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Technical problems for Szalay
- 13.01.2014BJ hanging in
- 13.01.2014Gordon hit with 1hour penalty
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon 3rd on stage 5
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar finish 11th
- 13.01.2014Chicherit out of Dakar
- 13.01.2014Bad luck and Trouble in Africa Eco Race
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reflects on the opening stages of the Dakar
- 09.01.2014Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
- 13.01.2014Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
- 13.01.2014BJ Baldwin before the storm
- 13.01.201442nd for Baldwin
- 13.01.20145th for Chicherit in stage 3, 6th for Gordon
- 13.01.2014Frustration for Opel Dakar Team in stage 7
- 13.01.2014Longest day for Opel Dakar Team
- 13.01.201414 + 2 = bad luck luck for Baldwin
- 13.01.2014Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar 2nd in stage six
- 13.01.2014Team Toyo Tires has a bad day at the office
- 13.01.2014Gordon finally starts special
- 13.01.2014Impatient rest day for Szalay
- 13.01.2014Dakar start for Team Toyo Tires
- 13.01.2014Huge interest in Gordon's new car.
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reaches Dakar
- 13.01.2014Szalay storms to second
- 13.01.2014EVR Checks in
- 13.01.2014Balzázs bounces back
- 13.01.2014Szalay Balzázs seventh overall in Africa Eco rally 2014