Technical problems for Szalay
Car issues again intervened with Team Opel Dakar, forcing them to turn around and return to the start before making the long trek into Senegal for tomorrow's finale in Dakar.
A sad day for the team who although out of contention for the overall classification, really wanted to show what they and the car are capable of. Sadly, it was not to be as today is the last competitive stage and faced with terrain which could not be overcome with a damaged car, Szalay Balázs and Bunkoczi László were forced to turn back, and after reaching the start, drive tio the nearny finish line before heading south on the liaison to Senegal.
After a long hard race, tiredness never seems to bother you when you are winning, the elation keeps you running long after you should stop. Today, the team feel the tiredness and with heavy hearts, continue to Senegal for tohe finale in Dakar tomorrow.
However, despite their obvious frustration today, the team should be proud of reaching the podium no less than 5 times during the rally. They also had the duty of keeping race winner Schlessinger 'honest' during the early part of the rally. Some neck and neck battles were fought and with a margin of just 5 minutes to Sabatier, who knows what the result would have been without the competition from 'friendly' rivals, Szalay and Schlesser. As they said in their movie at the end of last year, "They will be back"
- 18.06.2021Toyota Gazoo Racing Festival, Presented By TOYO TIRES
- 18.06.2021TOYO TIRES Participates in the Nürburgring 24 Hours
- 18.06.2021Bryce Menzies wins 34th SCORE San Felipe 250 in Mexico
- 15.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana EIGHT livery presented by Toyo Tires
- 03.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana Eight: Ultimate Exotic Playground; DUBAI
- 17.01.2014LATEST: Robby Gordon NOT out
- 17.01.2014Not quite official but not looking good
- 17.01.2014Robby Gordon out of 2014 Dakar
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon sole Toyo Tires driver after BJ Baldwin forced to retire
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon finishes 28th
- 15.01.2014Gordon stopped just before stage end.
- 15.01.201414th for Baldwin on Stage 8
- 13.01.2014Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
- 13.01.2014Rest day
- 13.01.2014Subdued end to Week one of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Technical problems for Szalay
- 13.01.2014BJ hanging in
- 13.01.2014Gordon hit with 1hour penalty
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon 3rd on stage 5
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar finish 11th
- 13.01.2014Chicherit out of Dakar
- 13.01.2014Bad luck and Trouble in Africa Eco Race
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reflects on the opening stages of the Dakar
- 09.01.2014Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
- 13.01.2014Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
- 13.01.2014BJ Baldwin before the storm
- 13.01.201442nd for Baldwin
- 13.01.20145th for Chicherit in stage 3, 6th for Gordon
- 13.01.2014Frustration for Opel Dakar Team in stage 7
- 13.01.2014Longest day for Opel Dakar Team
- 13.01.201414 + 2 = bad luck luck for Baldwin
- 13.01.2014Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar 2nd in stage six
- 13.01.2014Team Toyo Tires has a bad day at the office
- 13.01.2014Gordon finally starts special
- 13.01.2014Impatient rest day for Szalay
- 13.01.2014Dakar start for Team Toyo Tires
- 13.01.2014Huge interest in Gordon's new car.
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reaches Dakar
- 13.01.2014Szalay storms to second
- 13.01.2014EVR Checks in
- 13.01.2014Balzázs bounces back
- 13.01.2014Szalay Balzázs seventh overall in Africa Eco rally 2014