Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
After outperforming his 63rd position start and running at 1th/12th for most of the race, problems have slowed BJ Baldwin at the end of the special and he finishes 28th.
After technical issues plagued the stage 6 special, BJ Baldwin was forced to start this morning from 63rd place in today's stage. With many cars in front of him and tracks crossed and recrossed by vehicles ahead of him making them difficult to navigate on and impossible to follow, BJ knew he had it all to do today. He set about this with his customary single mindedness and by the first waypoint, his 63rd position had been converted to 24th, just 2 minutes 24 seconds behind the stage leader.
At waypoint 2 after some issues, he was back in thirtieth place but he fought back to reach 19th place by waypoint 3, 6 minutes 44 seconds behind new stage leader Carlos Sainz who would go on to win the special today.
15th at waypoint 4 and 16th at waypoint 5 he was closing in on Robby Gordon, then 13th, in time if not on the road. At waypoint 6 he hit 11th place, now one place ahead of Gordon but at waypoint 7 it was situation reversed as Gordon hit 11th place while BJ had slipped to 13th. However, disaster was to befall Gordon whose HST Gordini stopped before waypoint 8 for more than a hour with an unknown problem, pushing him down to 62nd place while BJ took 11th.
At waypoint 9, BJ had slipped to 12th, 17 minutes 24 seconds behind the lead. The next waypoint to be displayed was just before the finish and somehing obviously happened here as BJ found himself in 27th place and ulimately, hit the finish line 28th, 50 minutes, 52 seconds behing winner, Sainz.
After his unscheduled stop, Robby was overtaken on the road by BJ as well as in the timings and is not home yet. He was running 61st at waypoint 9 and is expected back very soon.
- 18.06.2021Toyota Gazoo Racing Festival, Presented By TOYO TIRES
- 18.06.2021TOYO TIRES Participates in the Nürburgring 24 Hours
- 18.06.2021Bryce Menzies wins 34th SCORE San Felipe 250 in Mexico
- 15.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana EIGHT livery presented by Toyo Tires
- 03.03.2016Ken Block's Gymkhana Eight: Ultimate Exotic Playground; DUBAI
- 17.01.2014LATEST: Robby Gordon NOT out
- 17.01.2014Not quite official but not looking good
- 17.01.2014Robby Gordon out of 2014 Dakar
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon sole Toyo Tires driver after BJ Baldwin forced to retire
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon finishes 28th
- 15.01.2014Gordon stopped just before stage end.
- 15.01.201414th for Baldwin on Stage 8
- 13.01.2014Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
- 13.01.2014Rest day
- 13.01.2014Subdued end to Week one of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Technical problems for Szalay
- 13.01.2014BJ hanging in
- 13.01.2014Gordon hit with 1hour penalty
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon 3rd on stage 5
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar finish 11th
- 13.01.2014Chicherit out of Dakar
- 13.01.2014Bad luck and Trouble in Africa Eco Race
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reflects on the opening stages of the Dakar
- 09.01.2014Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
- 13.01.2014Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
- 13.01.2014BJ Baldwin before the storm
- 13.01.201442nd for Baldwin
- 13.01.20145th for Chicherit in stage 3, 6th for Gordon
- 13.01.2014Frustration for Opel Dakar Team in stage 7
- 13.01.2014Longest day for Opel Dakar Team
- 13.01.201414 + 2 = bad luck luck for Baldwin
- 13.01.2014Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar 2nd in stage six
- 13.01.2014Team Toyo Tires has a bad day at the office
- 13.01.2014Gordon finally starts special
- 13.01.2014Impatient rest day for Szalay
- 13.01.2014Dakar start for Team Toyo Tires
- 13.01.2014Huge interest in Gordon's new car.
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reaches Dakar
- 13.01.2014Szalay storms to second
- 13.01.2014EVR Checks in
- 13.01.2014Balzázs bounces back
- 13.01.2014Szalay Balzázs seventh overall in Africa Eco rally 2014