Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
Robby Gordon, after starting from sixth in today's stage, has finished in 14th place after encountering problems in the final section of the special.
Today's stage started started with a section in the middle neutralised breaking the special into two halves. The 657Km scheduled for the race was thereby cut to a 'modest' 416Km. Starting from 6th, Gordon was away fast and was in the top ten at every single checkpoint along the way. During the final section before the finsh, he seems to have experienced some issues which cost him about 20 mnutes, leaving him finishing 14th, 42minutes, 16 seconds behind winner, Carlos Sainz. His win displaces fellow Spaniard Nani Roma from the top of the general standings leaving him 2.06 clear at the top and looking like a repeat of his 2010 Dakar victory could be on his horizon.
Robby Gordon must have trodden on a black cat as he is getting no luck in 2014. He sits in 24th place currently, 4 hours, 16 minutes behind Sainz.
Baldwin has just passed the finish in 25th place, having started from 43rd. A reasonable day having been forced to pass many racers to earn his position. He now sits in 27th place overall but with just under three hours separating him from Gordon and over 2hours 15 minutes to 26th place, he wont be moving up the rankings easily.
After stopping for nearly two hours just after the first waypoint, Chicherit is currently languishing in 73rd. Still on the course, at the last waypoint he was 2hrs 13 minutes and 15 seconds off the leading time and with more than 100km still to go to complete the course.
Below is a video of BJ talking podium ceremonies from Sunday's start.
- 17.01.2014LATEST: Robby Gordon NOT out
- 17.01.2014Not quite official but not looking good
- 17.01.2014Robby Gordon out of 2014 Dakar
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon sole Toyo Tires driver after BJ Baldwin forced to retire
- 16.01.2014Robby Gordon finishes 28th
- 15.01.2014Gordon stopped just before stage end.
- 15.01.201414th for Baldwin on Stage 8
- 13.01.2014Baldwin 28th after difficult final sector
- 13.01.2014Rest day
- 13.01.2014Subdued end to Week one of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Technical problems for Szalay
- 13.01.2014BJ hanging in
- 13.01.2014Gordon hit with 1hour penalty
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon 3rd on stage 5
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar finish 11th
- 13.01.2014Chicherit out of Dakar
- 13.01.2014Bad luck and Trouble in Africa Eco Race
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reflects on the opening stages of the Dakar
- 09.01.2014Gordon 1st Toyo Tires driver home, finishing 14th in stage 4
- 13.01.2014Chicherit stopped at Km65 for 20 minutes now
- 13.01.2014BJ Baldwin before the storm
- 13.01.201442nd for Baldwin
- 13.01.20145th for Chicherit in stage 3, 6th for Gordon
- 13.01.2014Frustration for Opel Dakar Team in stage 7
- 13.01.2014Longest day for Opel Dakar Team
- 13.01.201414 + 2 = bad luck luck for Baldwin
- 13.01.2014Improved results for Team Toyo Tires in stage 2 of 2014 Dakar
- 13.01.2014Team Opel Dakar 2nd in stage six
- 13.01.2014Team Toyo Tires has a bad day at the office
- 13.01.2014Gordon finally starts special
- 13.01.2014Impatient rest day for Szalay
- 13.01.2014Dakar start for Team Toyo Tires
- 13.01.2014Huge interest in Gordon's new car.
- 13.01.2014Robby Gordon reaches Dakar
- 13.01.2014Szalay storms to second
- 13.01.2014EVR Checks in
- 13.01.2014Balzázs bounces back
- 13.01.2014Szalay Balzázs seventh overall in Africa Eco rally 2014